Enrollment for Clay Hill Public Charter School
Clay Hill Public Charter School (CHPCS) is open to all children residing in Baltimore City
on a space-available basis within each grade level. Our school does not discriminate on the
basis of intellectual or athletic ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, disability,
proficiency in English or any other basis prohibited by law.
For the 2021-2022 school year, CHPCS will be accepting applications for students entering
Clay Hill Public Charter School is a tuition-free, public school open to all Baltimore City Public School students. We do, however, provide the following enrollment preferences, per charter law:
• Clay Hill Public Charter School Founders will get preference in the enrollment lottery.
• Clay Hill Public Charter School Staff Members will get preference in the enrollment lottery.
• Siblings of Clay Hill Public Charter School students will get preference in the enrollment lottery.
• We have been approved to provide an enrollment preference of 15% of available seats to students who receive English as a Second Language services, subject to verification.
• We have also been approved to provide an enrollment preference of 35% of available seats to students whose families qualify for economic support, subject to verification.
• Families who are unable to provide verification or do not qualify for preference areas will lose any seat provided based on preference and be moved to the bottom of the waitlist at the time of non-verification.
Thursday, October 15, 2020 - Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will become available online when the enrollment period opens, or through a paper copy obtainable at Patterson Park Public Charter School, 27 N. Lakewood Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224. The deadline to be considered in the lottery is Feb. 3, 2021.
To Be Announced - If the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of the school at any grade level, enrollment is determined by a public random lottery.
• The CHPCS application is a separate application from the PPPCS application. Families must submit a separate application to be considered for enrollment at each school.
• If the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of the school at any grade level, enrollment is determined by a public random lottery.
• There are no formal admissions requirements, but we expect enrolling families to be familiar with and support the mission and vision of the school. Children of school founders will have preference in the lottery for all grades.
For additional questions, please feel free to direct interested individuals to firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-558-1230 Ext. 377.